Tuesday, May 20

Back on the bike

Had a nasty chest infection that took a month to go away, which means it's been 4 weeks since i've been back on the bike due to some bad chest pain.

Saturday morning i gave the bike a clean, did tyres and all the other usual fluid etc checks, and took her for a ride. Nothing had changed. I hadn't forgotten how to ride. My wrists haven't forgotten they don't like more than 20 mins of riding either :(

-

I put the bike up for sale in the Quokka. I am both hoping and not hoping that someone bites.

If they do, i'll be richer and free to look around for a naked bike. There is/have been a couple for sale on the forum that have made my mouth water.

But at the same time, i wouldn't be getting a bike for a good long while if i did sell this one.

One week. If i get no interest in one week, i'm keeping her.

-

I don't own riding boots. Have been riding in hiking boots for the last year and a half, as they are the hardiest footwear i own. Lately i've been taking to wearing my wedding photographer shoes (black, flat soled men's laceups) to work as they're good to walk in.

Yesterday i rode to work in them, and what i've been watching so carefully out for, happened. The laces of these shoes, which are generous, got caught on the gear peg!

I got a shock when i lifted my leg away from the peg and couldn't. Luckily for me, only the loop of the lace had gotten caught around the peg so i could shake it free. It could have been majorly stuck, or worse, gotten caught in the chain.

It was a good warning anyhow. Need to work on shortening those laces and sticking them inside the shoe, or get some riding boots if i end up keeping the little yellow beastie.

1 comment: