Monday, August 20

Hmmm

I'm on steroids for the skin condition and they're leaving me feeling (and thinking) very strange.

My parents still don't know about the little yellow beast, and often i find myself thinking it's a shame. I'd like to share it with Dad, who was a biker himself back in the day. However, considering his outburst at my watch with the Ducati badge on the face, i'd hate to think what would happen if i confronted him with an actual bike. I'd been warned as a teenager about disownment and other associated horrors that would descend on my head if i so much as went near a bike, and while it wouldn't happen now, i still can't shake the lingering parental authority. Hey, i'm Asian, female and hopelessly guilt-wracked about how little i've given back to my parents (see "Asian").

And i keep thinking my poor mother doesn't need the extra gray hairs. I imagine she had enough of them when Dad rode. He was your typical sharp, young, "invincible" male rider and he's come close to paying for it with his life a number of times. One of them happened to be the day i was born.

(I don't think either of my parents would ever understand that their daughter's about as chickenshit as they come. I mean, geez, my only lane-splitting exercise was the result of inattention more than anything. I don't do much credit to my sports bike, even if it is only a 250)

I've been mooching; reading my own archived entries, to say nothing of other people's, isn't helping this itch (the figurative, not literal one plaguing me at the moment).

I really cannot wait for my skin to return to mostly-human and ably jean-wearing.

No comments: