Wednesday, August 22

Dreaming.,...

...about my next bike, when i get my open licence. Which will happen... when i can't tell you. I need to get my arse in gear.

But on bikes. I'm kind of over the pure sports bike thing, nothing so much as because the riding position kills me in slower, commuting traffic, which is what i mostly ride in. I suffer from pretty bad RSI in my right wrist, and to have most of my weight on it at slower speeds is starting to take its toll.

However, unless it's a Speed Triple, i like fairings. Fairings offer streamlined beauty.

Having done some academic research on the subject, it would appear sports tourers offer the best of both worlds. And in that category the VFR was at the top of my list:


Article on the 2008 model here

Then quite by accident, i read about Suzuki's 2008 mid-weight 650 sports release:



The GSX650F is a sports bike that looks as though it'd be nice and comfy, but not humongous. Engine size would be my ideal next bike engine size - around the 600 cc mark - a significant step up but a manageable one. As for the specs, you can read all about it here (i'm impressed, though probably for all the wrong reasons, sigh).

I'm swinging towards the Suzuki at this point, it's not so daunting because it's not as hefty as the VFR, although i've not seen one in the flesh as yet. In theory, it's a bike made just for me.

Now to convince the other half, who could have a heart attack. I've got a while to do it anyway, so we can start nice 'n slow.

All images used without permission and © Motorcycling Blog.

No comments: