Friday, December 22

Girl Buying Motorbike: Part 2

I’d spent the weekend having very active dreams about motorcycles and related activity. I’d also chewed most of my nails away in the off chance that the finance company wouldn’t like the way my name was spelt, or something.

My loan came through as fully approved on Monday morning.

As the dealership is conveniently a 5 minute cab ride from where i work, I dashed down to the bike shop during lunch that afternoon to try out my naked bike.

It was kind of like coming home, comfy upright posture, long legs, no issues telling the difference between gear shift/footpeg. It wasn’t quite as zippy as the sports bike but that wasn’t the point of getting the bike anyway. One more ride of the sports bike for balance, and my decision was made.

Went through the paperwork, decided on yellow as the color (after all the jokes i was making to a friend about not wanting to be a motorcycling bumblebee), and the dealer said “Swing by in a couple of days, we’ll have paperwork and you can take your bike home.”

And so i jumped around until Wednesday, took a long lunch courtesy my boss, and brought my baby back.

(Part 1 here)

(Bike details here)

No comments: