Friday, November 10

Ditched

Because one can keep dreaming, i emailed Mr C this beautiful Aprilia to illustrate the non-difference in price between a used bike and a new one (if you’re not fussy about make and model).

His response was “Try not to give me a heart attack here. :P”

Upon further probing:

“It’s an Aprillia”

and eventually

“It just looks… fast”

*

So, no bike. It came down to us having a sum of money put aside. Said cash can either buy motorcycle & biking gear, or large 4WD items.

The Patrol won out, even with me kicking and screaming, as a matter of course.

The present tipping of my bike plans down the toilet, has a rather more drastic effect on me than expected. I’ve been mulching around for the last few days morose and scowling, and i appear to have lost the ability to find meaning in anything that i do. I go to work and drag myself through the day, willing spontaneous combustion or invisibility, and then come home and count the hours till bedtime. Lost my appetite almost completely (well, at least extended misery is good for something).

It must be true love.

It’s been a long time since i’ve been able to travel long distances without reliance on someone else and their vehicle. Bob Marley reckons “if you’re not living good, i beg you, travel wide,” but really, travelling wide isn’t solely about seeing different people and places, it’s also being able to step out yourself. With baggage maybe, but unhampered in motion.

This also could be me placing entirely too much emphasis on motorised wheels, but fuck, you try having a vehicle outside your door which doesn’t belong to you.

One Powerball….

No comments: